CVC & Collectibles presents this 1901-O Morgan Dollar has been certified as MS64 PL by NGC
George T. Morgan’s iconic design makes the Morgan Dollar the most popular Silver Dollar in the world. Minted for more than 25 years, this piece of classic American currency now has high collectible appeal, both for its design and its Silver content.
- Contains .7734 oz. of Silver.
- NGC graded Guarantees the grade of MS64 PL on this coin
- Coins from New Orleans Mint have an “O” mint mark.
- Designed by George T. Morgan
- Obverse: Shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap with the word “Liberty” on her hair band, bordered by “E Pluribus Unum,” the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows, surrounded by “United States of America,” “One Dollar,” and “In God We Trust.”
VF-20 Very Fine- Two thirds of hair lines from top of forehead to ear visible. Ear well defined. Feathers on eagle’s breast worn.
EF-40 Extremely Fine- All hair lines strong and ear bold. Eagle’s feathers all plain but with slight wear on breast and wing tips.
AU-50- About Uncirculated- Slight trace of wear on the bust shoulder and hair left of forehead, and on eagle’s breast and top edges of wings.
MS-60 Uncirculated- No trace of wear; full mint luster present, but may noticeably marred by scuff marks or bag abrasions.
MS-63 Choice Uncirculated- No trace of wear; full mint luster; few noticeable surface marks.
MS-64 Uncirculated- A few scattered contact marks/ Good eye appeal and attractive luster.
MS-65 Gem Uncirculated- Only light, scattered contact marks that are not distracting. Strong luster, good eye appeal.
PF-63 Choice Proof- Reflective surfaces with few blemishes in secondary focal places. No major flaws.