- KM# 216
- .100 1/10 oz. (AGW), as 3.39 grams of .9167 fine,.03 Silver, .0533 Copper, 16.5 mm
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
The most popular Gold Bullion Coin in the world
The American Gold Eagle is a Gold bullion coin containing 1/10-ounce net weight of fine Gold. Backed with U.S. Government Guarantee in pureness and weight, an actual $5 face value coin. By law, the gold must come from sources in the United States, alloyed with silver and copper to produce a more wear-resistant coin. At Chula Vista Coins we offer any count you are looking for. Single multiples of 20 or the Monster box of 500 count. We buy and Sell all products on the market offering transparent pricing.
The front features a modified rendition of Augustus Saint-Gaudens “Lady Liberty” design which is also used on the U.S. Twenty Dollar pieces from 1907 until 1933. The reverse features a “family of Eagles”. These coins also have an inscription which reads “E Pluribus Unum” which is the symbol used on the Great Seal of the United States meaning “One from Many” referring to the many states being one, of the United States.
With a truly epic design, the $5 One Quarter-Ounce Gold combines the best aspects of collectability and bullion investment appeal, making it America’s preferred Gold coin.
The U.S. Mint does not sell bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, they distribute their coins to specific Dealers, who then sell the coins to the public.
Protect your American Gold Eagle with a clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can also add a Coin Bezel to turn your Gold Eagle into fine jewelry.
The Gold American Eagle quickly became the most popular Gold bullion coin in the United States since its release by the U.S. Mint in 1986. Add this 1/10 oz. Gold Eagle to your cart today!